The Campaign for Youth Justice is committed to providing you with the most updated information on transfer/waiver of youth to the adult criminal court and has produced several publications including CFYJ Reports and Policy Briefs.
The national reports and resources below highlight the vast body of evidence finding that transferring juveniles to the adult criminal justice system leads to higher rates of recidivism, puts incarcerated and detained youth at unnecessary risk, has little deterrence value, and does not increase public safety.
The resources are organized by topics:
- Basic Information on Juvenile Transfer to the Adult System
- Impact of Adolescent Brain Development and Trauma on Sentencing Youth
- Impact of Transfer on Crime and Recidivism
- Impact of Youth in Adult Jails and Prisons
- Sentencing of Youth in the Adult Court
- Raise the Age
- Direct File / Statutory Exclusion / Automatic Transfer
- Transfer and Special Populations
- Websites for Additional Resources on Youth Justice